Early on in 2004, CIC opened its door to students with a promise of bringing the Canadian Education closer to them. Not only did CIC, made it possible for students to graduate with a Canadian bachelor degree in addition to the Egyptian one, but it also gave the chance to its students to travel to Canada and study at Cape Breton University.
The deal was shaken on, and since then we have been sending students from CIC to study at Cape Breton University for years. CIC & CBU have collaborated to offer students a whole world of opportunities. Travel to Canada & study at CBU by choosing one of the 3 programs made available.
Study in Canada THIS September
Make it Happen!
Here's How You Can Study in Canada:
As mentioned before, we here at CIC in collaboration with CBU are offering 3 different programs or what we would like to call opportunities for you to travel.
Program #1: Transfer
In this program, you are allowed to study in Canada for one year, two, or even three. All what you need to do is study at least one year at CIC, get a CGPA of 65%, and submit English proficiency test result. And of course we don't need to mention that you should be enrolled in the Dual Program in the first place.
Program #2: Exchange
In this program, you travel to Canada and study at CBU only for one semester or one year maximum. The Exchange program is available only for students in their second and third years of study at CIC. The CGPA should at least be of minimum 75% and don't forget the English Proficiency Test Result.
GET YOUR DEGREE FUNDED!
Opportunity #3: Scholarship
If you are in your fourth year of study then you are eligible for a scholarship to study at CBU. Make sure your CGPA is 70% or more to get funded.
Here is an advising-related note: Eligible students must be enrolled in a minimum of 8 courses (24 credits) over the two semesters to be spent at CBU.
Since we covered all the programs/opportunities available for you to choose from. You might be wondering why you should take the step in the first place.
Here is Why!
- Canada is the #1 place to live in the world, nominated by the united nations for 7 consecutive years.
- Lowest cost of living & education compared to other countries.
- You will be given the opportunity to be a global citizen of the world as you join a wide community of international students at CBU.
- We believe learning has no boundaries, so the 15 years of collaboration between CIC & CBU grant you not only a study abroad opportunity but also the chance to live in a multicultural, safe & welcoming environment in addition to part-time job opportunities to students.
- If you are excelling academically & in your fourth year, you can be eligible for a scholarship.
- If you are wondering about the island life, we can help! We wrote recently a blog post about Cape Breton Island and it will give you a glimpse of how you'll spend your upcoming months. READ HERE
Ready to travel? we think the answer is a Yes!
A quick brief on the application process:
- Apply. Duration: From 1 December to 1 March every year.
- Submit English proficiency test.
- Apply for a student visa.
- Start advising process.
- Pay tuition fees.
- Ask for pre-departure tips from International Affairs office.
The International Affairs office is your go to now. Don't let anything stand in the way of making your dream happen. Apply now and embark on a new adventure starting September 2020.